What price a door? - GroovyMucker
Totalled a rear door on the jalopy. Assume if we claim on the insurance - our fault entirely, no-one else involved - we'll pay for it at renewal, so paying ourselves.

What sort of price, would you say?

What price a door? - bell boy
right colour, common? delivered bearing in mind it will still be a shade out under the street light.
100 to 150
Would that be repaired to full original spec, in the correct non-metallic colour, BB?

What price a door? - bell boy
no that would be an internet sourced door delivered to your pad in the same colour as your tag
it will be devoid of all easy to take of bits like window plus motor plus all lock assemblies
it will save painting and it should look ok to the untrained eye though

does that help?
What price a door? - MikeTorque
I'd advise getting a quote from a Ford dealer, a motor factor company, and also check if a scrap dealer has a door in stock. If your insurance is protected then only excess applies, much depends on the policy details so they're worth reading through carefully. Then work out the sums involved before making your final decision.

Also consider for a new car like this a first class body repair job needs to be done and the cars history needs to support the work carried out otherwise you'll may get clobbered come the time to sell the car.
Ah.

Cheers, chaps.
What price a door? - oilrag
I would never claim on insurance for a door. A few years back had this situation on a Polo and bought a complete door from a scrapyard. It took me less than 10 minutes to fit it.

What price a door? - ifithelps
...It took me less than 10 minutes to fit it...

Hats off to the oily one.

I say this having struggled with spacers, restraining strap pins, central locking/leccy window wiring, all while supporting said door on a trolley jack.