06 1.4 Is it worth buying a warranty? - Cambridge
Hello,
My wife has an 06 Mini One.
The manufacturer's warranty runs out soon.
We can extend it another year for about £400.
Do you think it is worth paying this?
So far we have had no problems with it.
It has done a tiny mileage of about 12,000.

Thanks for your thoughts.
06 1.4 Is it worth buying a warranty? - bell boy
do you mean no warranty at all at all?
or are you looking at alternatives?
no warranty=madness on a mini
06 1.4 Is it worth buying a warranty? - Cambridge
Yes, no warranty and crossing fingers.
To be honest I've never had a car worth over £1,000 so warranties are a mystery to me.
Do people have problems with Minis?
Hers has been fine so far.
Thanks.
06 1.4 Is it worth buying a warranty? - Armitage Shanks {p}
It is S*ds Law! if you don't have a warranty your will get some expensive bills. If you have a warranty nothing will go wrong, or your claim will be rejected. The premium you have been quoted seems very high. I am paying £240 on a 307 diesel and haven't claimed in 2 years. I shall ask for a no-claims discount this year and if I don't get one I shan't renew.
06 1.4 Is it worth buying a warranty? - piston power
At 12k miles i would not bother have it serviced every 12 months regardless of mileage even if it's just a oil change.

06 1.4 Is it worth buying a warranty? - mickyh7
I would agree with bigtee, chances are, nothing will go wrong with your car over the next three or four years, any major problems, hopefully, would have shown themselves by now (that's how the warranty company's make their money).Then when/if something does go wrong you will have saved between £1200 and £1600 !!!(Huge amount of money in my book) Then take it to a Local Independent Garage for any repairs. you shouldn't get ripped off (cos they need local trade to survive,need return business, and have much lower overheads than dealers).
But .....If nothing goes wrong, and you had put that money away........................?
06 1.4 Is it worth buying a warranty? - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
You have been very very lucky so far not to have had problems. These cars have a history of problems, some serious but all BMW expensive. Whatever else you do, take up the BMW, not an aftermarket con-job, warranty and make sure you have an oil and filter change annually at the very least.
06 1.4 Is it worth buying a warranty? - Collos25
The extended warranty is like a sieve there are more get out clauses and ifs and maybes not worth the paper there printed on.