Warning engine company - cett666
snip

Just a note to warn everyone as I couldnt find any feedback about them anywhere so went for it - the Turbo went on my Renault and so consequently needed a new engine - found a part finding web site added my details and got a text back from this company letting me know they had the correct engine code etc for a reasonable price - but surprise surprise the engine that was shipped out wasnt the correct one - not even for a model in this country same story for the second engine they sent and now they are refusing to refund or pick them up luckily enough bought them on the old plastic so it should be ok, I know it says not to name and shame but its true so not defamation

: )

Edited by Pugugly on 28/05/2009 at 00:38

Warning engine company - Pugugly
We're happy to re-post the details if you post your full name and address so if they do sue they know where to get hold of you.

Edited by Pugugly on 28/05/2009 at 00:40

Warning engine company - bell boy
i used a part finding website last month and ive been inundated with phishing emails trying every bank connotation since
for an engine word of mouth is always a good recommendation ,i still use the internet for car parts but usually more for stuff i know will work like headlights etc
Warning engine company - Rattle
I am a member of a Corsa forum and there is always bits of parts going cheap on there. If I need a new engine I know where to go :). I would avoid any parts finding website because Bellboy's experience seems typical.

The good thing is if I needed an engine I can gauge if I can trust them a not from previous posts and their previous selling history.
Warning engine company - DP
I'd trust the handful of breakers I know and have used for years, but wouldn't buy something like an engine off anyone I didn't know, or who didn't come recommended by someone I trusted.

Warning engine company - Rattle
I agree but on a forum like this you get an idea. I would never buy an engine anyway without hearing it running and knowing the history of the car. Still a useful source though.