Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - WipeOut
Hi,

Going on holiday soon with the family.

First boy is nearly one, second is nearly three?

1) Hertz wants nearly £350 with additional insurance included. It's £100 for the child seats for a week!
2) Easy Car want £200 with additional insurance included but won't guarantee the child seats! So a bit nervous of Easy Car not willing to guarantee the seats but it's much cheaper.

I'm hiring from Gerona.

Any ideas?

WipeOut
Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - gmac
Presumably taking your own seats is not an option ?

Holidayautos are quoting 91,80? for a weeks hire (of seats not car).
Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - WipeOut
The cost in excess baggage, and the risk of them getting lost or damaged means it's not worthwhile taking our own. £100 seems very excessive? EasyCar are much cheaper, but I'm nervous that they won't guarantee the seats.
Type "car hire in girona with child seats" into a search engine.

The first website returned have a Citroen Berlingo with two child seats for less than 150? for a week. Probably need to add your extra insurance to that amount though.
Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - daveyjp
Thinking £100 sounded excessive for the seats alone I have just looked back on what we paid for a hire car with car seat in Faro in 2007 - £100 for a 207 for a week - the seat was ?3 a day.

This was through economycarhire who are based in the UK and use local agents.

Edited by daveyjp on 27/05/2009 at 12:10

£100 does seem excessive as other companies have a 21 - 30something? cap per rental.
Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - apm
We had this with our 8 month old son on a recent trip to Ireland. Didn't want to take our own seat, actually couldn't hire one for a baby so young. Ended up hiring one from our local baby shop for a few quid for the long weekend. Hired a buggy too, as Aer Lingus wouldn't let us take our rather bulky bugaboo. Worth trying.

HTH,

Alex.
Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - Optimist
Link below is for carjet at Girona Airport.

tinyurl.com/p6m5jn

Booster seats are 3E per day, it says. I've had them in my list for some time but never used them yet. I think they're a brokers based in Harlow.

HTH
Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - mikeyb
I would seriously consider trying to take your own - in my experience the seats offerd by hire companies are not usually in great condition.

I have taken mine with easyjet with no issues - just drop them off at the outsize baggage drop after getting a luggage tag
Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - T Lucas
I'm guessing you will be flying Ryanair,be careful of excess charges with Ryanair.I always used Avis at Gerona but the prices have crept up and 3 times this year have used Auriga Crown on the airport thru brokers.Very impressive service,very good cars and there looked to be people picking up child seats although at peak times there might not be enough to go around.
Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - Jeremy Mason

Attempt at free advert deleted.

Edited by Avant on 20/09/2016 at 12:05

Car Seat Hire Abroad (Easy Car Gerona) - Bilboman

It occurs to me that Seat (car company) could run a witty and probably quite successful advertising campaign to families of British tourists on the lines of "free child seats with Seat!"