Just received a penalty notice from Dec - kel28
I have just received a penalty notice which apparently happened on the 4th Dec this is the 1 st I have heard of it, can a council issue a penalty charge this long after the offence occured? Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/05/2009 at 20:13

Just received a penalty notice from Dec - Armitage Shanks {p}
Penalty notice for what alleged offence?, Parking, being untaxed, being unisured, speeding - it makes a difference! Do you own the car or is leased ot the property of another person?
Just received a penalty notice from Dec - Dwight Van Driver
Normally CEA have 28 days to serve a PCN but under certain circumstances, i.e. that within 14 days of the offence they have applied to DVLC for keeper details and if this is returned outside the 28 days then they have 6 months to serve the PCN.

As AS states may be helpful to judge how you stand if you give more details and in particular on a road or private car park.

dvd
It was a parking offence, but no ticket was put on my window, it has just appeared last week in the post.
Just received a penalty notice from Dec - FocusDriver
Check this site. I think it depends on the type of ticket you have. 14 days is the limit for some.

tinyurl.com/pfao3n
Again we are trying, so far unsuccessful, to establish if this is a decriminilised parking offence which has to be paid by driver/keeper or a private car park infringement under civil law of contract between driver who parked and the land owner.

The former ticket will state PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE, the later which looks the same will state PARKING CHARGE NOTICE.

dvd
Sorry it was on a public road, we had to parked a van for a second to get a parking permit from a clients house, when we got the ticket it said we had parked in a disabled bay. it says penalty charge notice
Just received a penalty notice from Dec - oldnotbold
Who owns the van?
Just received a penalty notice from Dec - Armitage Shanks {p}
This is getting very long drawn out!

1. Had you actually parked in a disabled bay?
2. If you had, was it properly signed?
3. Would the permit you collected from your client have been valid for parking in the disabled bay anyway, if you were in one?

Normally PCNs are issued by the owners of property who allow parking but enforce penalties, through a private sub-contracted company, against people who overstay. This includes supermarkets and other such locations. Their PCNs are commonly printed to look "official" but actually have no way of being enforced - they are threats and can be ingnored. It is from a warden it is valid and cannot safely be ignored. Be totally sure what you have been issued with and act accordingly

I have never heard of PCNs being issued for parking on a public highway. These are now mostly issued by council employed wardens
Please confirm the PCn Code is 40.

dvd