Advice needed - old C3 vs new Panda for missus - scott_lewis
Hi All

The missus currently has a 2001 Saxo 1.1 Desire, 41K on the clock and needs a new headgasket which will cost like £250 to get done. The mechanic we use has offered to buy her car for like £1000 and flog it on. Other than that the car is fine.

Missus does like 5000 miles a year but does need a reliable car to get to work and back and look after the kids. She though does have access to my new shape zafira when its at home as I walk to work 2 days a week.

Options we have:

1. She can have her Dads 55 Plate Citroen C3 desire for £3K. Its got 30k on the clock.
2. Buy her a new Panda Active 1.2 /1.2 from ay fiatsupersaver if I cannot get a dealer to price match them.
3. ger her saxo repaired.

I am at a bit of a quandry on best options. She dont really care as long as she has a reliable car that and does what she needs it to do.

Any advice appreciated.

Scott
Advice needed - old C3 vs new Panda for missus - mlj
Option 3 will cost £250, options 1 and 2 thousands. Distinguish 'need' from 'want' and I expect the moneysaving choice will win. The fact the mechanic has offered to buy it suggests the car is, as you say, sound.
I know what I'd do!
Advice needed - old C3 vs new Panda for missus - Happy Blue!
Correct - keep the Saxo and get it repaired. Even if it goes wrong, it still has value (as your mechanic will buy it) and you can buy a newer car. For the time being don't waste money.
Advice needed - old C3 vs new Panda for missus - Falkirk Bairn
Re the title above

Both look a fair exchange for the wife!
Advice needed - old C3 vs new Panda for missus - Rattle
Get the HG done but question why it failed in the first place.
Advice needed - old C3 vs new Panda for missus - Another John H
>>Both look a fair exchange for the wife!

Depends on the model - there are some good ones about which are longer lasting than a car, and more fun too....

Running costs can be a problem though.