00 1.8 problem with locking with keyfob - craigp23
Does anyone know or can help me , when pressing the lock button on the keyfob the car doesnt lock and the indicator lights just flash twice , however once the car has been locked manually it will unlock with the keyfob.so can anyone help with getting the keyfob to lock the car thanks

00 1.8 problem with locking with keyfob - nogutsnoglory413
Check the interior light bulb has not blown,it can affect the central locking, if thats ok there is a relay you can remove under the steering wheel cowling which will reset the system.
00 1.8 problem with locking with keyfob - m.light
i have a 2001 avensis , originally a 2.0 vvti cdx, now apparently a 1.8i with refitted dash and loom, done by a toyota auto electrician, but a backstreet mechanic. and have the older style 2 button key and integrated c/l buttons. the key works fine, but never had batteries for it, and never set alarm led on console. recently central locking has stopped working, and all fuses seem ok under coin tray. i do have some experience in cars and electronics. can you advise on possible cause and remedy ?
00 1.8 problem with locking with keyfob - Tech
I have run Toyotas for many years and i believe them to be a well engineered product

I have experienced problems with the central door locking a couple of times.

You should first check if your interior lamp is working if it is not it will be the 7.5amp fuse located in the fuse box under the bonnet

If the fuse is ok then this is likely to be the problem. I had it happen this week.

If your interior lamp does not work when you open any door but can be switched on manually on the lamp here is the solution. The 7.5 amp dome fuse will look ok. However the fuse locating lugs can glase/oxidise which will require the door relay to be reactivated. Remove the fuse wait about 60 seconds with the ignition on or off refit the fuse and you should find that the central locking will operate on the switch located on the drivers side door panel and on the remote control fob.

It worked on my 1998 Avensis. This problem is a quirk on this model

Tech

{Post amended. No need to SHOUT!}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 11/02/2010 at 18:48

00 1.8 problem with locking with keyfob - Haraj

I have located the fuse box under the bonnet next to battery. But am unable to locate the 7.5 am fuse. All the fuses are either 10amp or 25amp. Would appreciate if you can advice where to find the fuse?

Regards

Edited by Haraj on 19/05/2010 at 11:55

00 1.8 problem with locking with keyfob - Haraj

Let your battery drain out completely. That resolved my issue.