Trading in car(s) questions - scott_lewis
Hi All

Need some advice.

Father in law is getting a newish car from a dealer and my missus looks like getting his one - 4 year old C3 for x amount of money.

Anyway - I was wondering - do dealers allow taking in cars part exchange that are not owned by the person buying the car from them, but from close relatives? Or is it case we must transfer ownership to them beforehand?

Also - do dealers when buying a newish car (father-in-law is looking at a 1 year old Honda Jazz ), take in more than 1 car part exchange?

Many Thanks

Scott
Trading in car(s) questions - oldnotbold
The dealer does not care who owns the car they take in PX. They may not even mind taking in more than one, but bear in mind that they'll probably give a pretty poor valuation on an older car compared to the price you may get in a private sale, and they'll claim (rightly so) that the market for older cars in on its knees.
Trading in car(s) questions - Xtype
Anyway - I was wondering - do dealers allow taking in cars part exchange that
are not owned by the person buying the car from them>>

Also - do dealers when buying a newish car (father-in-law is looking at a 1
year old Honda Jazz ) take in more than 1 car part exchange?

Yes & yes

The dealership i worked for allowed for multi Px's (didnt happen very often, and when it did they offered bottom book for them).

They may be reluctant to take more than one car off you, especially if its older and they cant retail it and have to send it to auction which costs them money.
Trading in car(s) questions - L'escargot
For what it's worth, on order forms I have had to sign a declaration that I was the owner of the car being part-exchanged.
Trading in car(s) questions - Fullchat
Remember the owner of the car is'nt necessarily the registered keeper.
Trading in car(s) questions - BrianW
We traded in a Mondeo and an Accent together last year against a used Megane and got the Parker's guide price for both.

Both happened to be registered in my daughter's name but I don't think it would have mattered if they had been in different names.