07 1.4 Removal of dual control pedals - Aretas
My daughter has asked me to remove the dual controls from her car as she is no longer working as a driving instructor. Before I say "yes" and get her to bring the car, does anyone know how easy or difficult the job is, or if any special tools are likely to be needed?

Many thanks
07 1.4 Removal of dual control pedals - bell boy
as the song says
get down and get under
some are easy some are best left with the pivot arms left in place
Thanks, bb. Her revised insurance says they have to be removed. I guess in practice this really means sufficient parts are taken off to make them non operational.
07 1.4 Removal of dual control pedals - Farmer Boy
Do you possess an angle grinder
07 1.4 Removal of dual control pedals - Dynamic Dave
Do you possess an angle grinder

And a fire extinguisher to put the flames out - once you've set fire to the interior from the flying sparks.
No, I do not have an angle grinder. Why would I need one?
07 1.4 Removal of dual control pedals - Dynamic Dave
I think it was a flippant remark. ie, grind off the additional pedals from their mountings.
07 1.4 Removal of dual control pedals - slowdown avenue
diy job. easy to remove not so easy to fit.ask your insurance company can you just remove pedals and disconect at drivers end. they are quite heavy. why did your daughter give up the driving instruction
Daughter brought car round. It looked easy to disconnect, not so easy to remove entirely. Insurance company insisted on removal.

So took car to local independant. After removal he said it was difficult and would never do one again. (The control manufacturer is Bestway - for those of you who may know the easy and the difficult ones). I an not always good at making correct decisions but I think I got this one right.

In answer to SA she had 5 years as an instructor and took the opportunity of a house move to look for something more involving, and now is a Road Safety Officer with the local county council. The history of getting this job is somewhere on this site. She loves it.