HPI Vehicle check question. - m7ohn
I've just purchased a vehicle on a very popular auction site. Knowing how dodgey this could be i paid for a Vehicle Status report and HPI check. The check did not find any problems and i went ahead with the transaction.
When i got home i noticed on the back of the MOT certificate you could check the vehicles MOT history on line with Dept of Transport.
I did this and discovered a very alarming problem.
The most recent MOT matched the current certificate mileage of 69000 miles, however the MOT the year previous stated 103000 miles. The vehicle came with no service history and only this MOT certificate. The vehicle is a 2005 model so it's only ever had 2 MOT's in it's life.
Should the HPI check have found this discrepency and also why did'nt the current MOT station detect this when he was entering the info into the database?
The HPI check came with a guarantee against loss of money by fraudulent activity, one check actually said no mileage discrepency found.
Many thanks, Jane
HPI Vehicle check question. - Fullchat
"........., one check actually said no mileage discrepency found.

Which means that there was no discrepency found within the databases that they can check/have access to, NOT that the mileage is 100% guarenteed.

No history and one MOT Certificate should start to ring alarm bells. Unfortunately I do not think you have been the victim of fraudulent activity (not the kind kind HPI will idemnify you against anyway).
HPI Vehicle check question. - bell boy
the hpi can only bring up what they are told by owners
if you sell your car there is a box on the v5 to enter the mileage when it left you
if everyone filled this in at pos then mileage correction could be nipped in the bud
basically in my opinion you have been duped but its not to say the seller is the duper
i would ring trading standards in the morning and ask their advise as to whether they could do a paper chase to all previous keepers for you with a view to a prosecution for mileage fraud
you would have to take the guilty person to court for the amount you have been diddled