01 1.0 Salvage yards: colour matching service? - mikem004
Following a recent prang, I replaced my bonnet with one from a scrapyard. Unfortunately the colour doesn't match :(
So I'm looking I to source a colour-matched bonnet and a front bumper from a scrap yard. Do any of the big salvage yards offer a service where you can register colour details using the manufacturers colour code? Then, they ring you when one comes in.
It will save me phoning round the yards every week...
North of England preferred.

PS: Salvage bonnet cost me 50 quid. For respraying a bonnet, I have been quoted 230 quid. So, if I can find a colour match, that would be great.
Mike
01 1.0 Salvage yards: colour matching service? - Hamsafar
Someone like www.breakeryard.com/
may help, there are many sites like this where you register what you want and they seed your request to all the breaker's yards on their books and then they contact you if they have the part.
Thanks. How much do these sites typically add on for finding the part?
Anyone used these part-finder sites?

Mike
Thanks. How much do these sites typically add on for finding the part?
Anyone used these part-finder sites?
Mike

From the breakeryard.com web site:
--------
Is there a charge for the service?

* If you elect to receive Email quotes, then the answer is NO, the service is completely free of charge. When compared to the convenience and the savings obtained by being able to compare quotes, text messaging is by far the fastest and most popular method chosen by Breakeryard.com users. If you opt for the convenience of having quotes text direct to your mobile, we will send you a maximum of 9 Text Quotes per request, the first 3 of which are charged at £1.50, followed by 6 further text quotes which are sent free of charge. When you offset this against the savings achieved when comparing the quotes themselves, you may find you will have saved anything between £10 to £1000 simply because of the difference in the prices!
-----

Mike