Mondeo/Continental Tyres - Marc
I need to replace the rear tyres on my Mondeo II (Continental Premium Contact) which have lasted 18k since new. The fronts were replaced at around 12k with Continental ContiSport. Question is do I get Sports or Premium to replace the rears? The Continental website doesn't offer much advice. I favour long wear as opposed to noise or comfort.

Thanks

Mondeo/Continental Tyres - RogerL
Anyone who complains to their vehicle's manufacturer or tyre supplier about increased wear, gets the stock reply that on a front wheel-drive car the fronts should last 20,000 miles and the rears should last 40,000 miles: although driving style has a major effect. As your tyres have worn much quicker that the norm, you need to complain, both to Ford and Continental.
Mondeo/Continental Tyres - Mike H
I agree with the other comment! The rears on my Mondeo 2.0LX were still "as new" at 45000, there is a problem if they've only lasted 18000.
Mondeo/Continental Tyres - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
My 2001 Passat Diesel Estate got through it's front, Firestone F680, tyres in 10,000 miles (2 mm left evenly across the tread) ; the outer edges of the rear tyres were somewhat worn as well.
I asked the garage to comment on the wear patterns at the first service.
They said the tyres were worn and needed changing. Not helpful.
I spoke further and asked if the wear was abnormal , they said
not.
Micheldever - do they operate in the North East Derbyshire/ South Yorkshire area? Anyone else do alignment in the area before I get my next set of tyres?
Mondeo/Continental Tyres - Mike H
Long drive! They have only one outlet, in the Hampshire countryside near Basingstoke/Winchester.
Mondeo/Continental Tyres - Keith S
I think that as long as they have a decent 4 wheel alignment machine and provide you with a before and after printout you wont go far wrong.

No printout means they are hiding something.

There is a place in Hull which seems OK.