best van - cymru_lad
Any recomendations on good commercial vehicles for personal use. Will be looking at something like a Toyota Hi-ace, Vite size etc with short wheel base. May do a partial conversion at a later date but for now just looking for something reliable and reasonably economical. Will probably have about 7000 to spend (providing wife doesn't find out !)

Mike
best van - Baskerville
You'll have to fit windows and other stuff pretty soon after buying it to avoid commercial vehicle insurance rates, which are rather steep. Someone around here will probably know more details. It could be better to buy an already fixed up (or partially fixed-up) camper van or mini bus.

Chris
best van - Vansboy
Check out Scudo, Expert & Dispatch. All same van, virtually.
Fiat will be cheapest & is good van with new JTD engine.
Your insurance won't like after-market alterations, though.
Mark
best van - bernie
I have a Toyota Hi Ace Powervan 2.4 diesel.I don't know if it's the best but I am pleased with it.It is nice and comfortable,drives like a big car and once on the move is quite smooth.

I have added sound deadening felt under a plywood floor liner and put carpet on top of the plywood.I have also stuck felt on the side panels and then put a plywood liner on bothe sides.

Another confidence booster is the way the MOT man always seems to comment on the build quality of these vans.Mine is a 98 and done 72000 and still looks smart.I would certainly have another one.