95 1905 Air in diesel supply - rightinker
Hi. I repaired the deisel run off pipes a couple of weekends ago. Since then I have had difficulty starting and have to prime the fuel supply if the car has been standing for six hours or more. It starts fine when I squeeze the priming pump several times.

I am guessing that this indicates air in the supply line. However, my Haynes manual does not show my where I find the "bleeding" points. Please could someone tell me where they are (fuel pump? Fuel filter?) and what order I should bleed them in?

I would be grateful as it is a pest to lift the bonnet morning and evening to get started.
95 1905 Air in diesel supply - dagenham car center
has your car got the fuel filter with the 4 allen key bolts in it.
renew the pipe going from filter to fuel injection pump.then after that fuel filter lid.
check the two pipes coming up bulkhead towards fuel filter,they can split on the bends.
95 1905 Air in diesel supply - Peter.N.
The system is self bleeding once the primer has been used. You obviously have an air leak somewhere as suggested, possibly because you have disturbed something. If you fit a section of clear plastic tube near the pump you will be able to see if there are any air bubbles and the effect of anything you have done.
95 1905 Air in diesel supply - rightinker
thank you for replying.
I have taken the top off the fule filter and re-seated it making sure that all bolts were tighten end evenly. Checked the pipes and their connectors. Fitted new leak-off pipes. replaced the priming bulb and the piece of pipe going from there to the 90 degree pipe. On priming the system firmed quickly. Lte's hope that's done it.
95 1905 Air in diesel supply - eastenddoy
hi
did you replace the blanking cap on one of the injectors.
as they can split as well