01 3.0 ABS Control Modular - Omegax30x
I have purchased brand new ?Bosch? ABS Modular Control Unit from USA and just installed it today by local Opel dealer. I discovered a problem and wonder if you could assist me to find a solution or guide me to where to go.

The original problem was that the speedometer was not working, while the RPM was working and both ABS & TC lights were on.

Now, after installing the new ABS Modular, it reversed. The speedometer is working while the RPM is registered at maximum, and TC light is still on.

Please if you have any idea or solution please advice

I have a feeling that my care is (2001 Opel Omega) while the purchased ABS Modular is for US 2001 Cadillac Catera, basically the same car, but my odometer is in Kilometer vs. millage in USA. Could this be the problem? If so, could be reprogrammable.

Many, Many, Many thanks for your efforts.
01 3.0 ABS Control Modular - topbloke
what are the trouble codes on the old unit and the new unit i would be surprised if the module would be a straight fit (software wise) what made you buy from the states, i would have sent the ecu to be repaired Bba-Reman will fix it

tinyurl.com/53yr8p {link to www.bba-reman.com shortened to restore correct page width}

the rpm wold not have anything to do with the abs module, was the module sold to you as a direct replacment for your unit/car ? if so then first call would be to them
ps to moderators sorry if the above link breaks any rules (i have no conection to them other than using on ocassions)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/05/2009 at 04:09

01 3.0 ABS Control Modular - SpamCan61 {P}
Are you sure it was the ABS unit at fault? A very similar situation over on the Omega Owners group a few weeks back, turned out to be a slightly loose reluctor(?) ring on the back axle.

autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/omega_owners/message/...5

You may need to join the group to view that thread, good idea if you're an Omega owner anyway.
01 3.0 ABS Control Modular - injection doc
O/S/R sensor failure normally causes speedo failure & TCS & ABS light to come on.
Have you had any work done on rear because if the rear sensor wires get swapped the sme fault occurs. Im with top bloke , I would be suprised if Module from USA works on this vehicle.