MoT renewal sticker - bell boy
Ive never peeled one off the mot sheet since it went modern and ive very rarely seen one stuck in a windscreen.
Im talking the new type not the old ones you wrote on with a ballpoint pen for it to fade in a month.

Do you remove the sticker from your mot certificate?
3 year old and less car owners need not apply

Edited by Pugugly on 28/04/2009 at 21:12

mot renewal sticker - martint123
Nope.
mot renewal sticker - Dynamic Dave
For the motorbike - yes. Stuck on the inside lid of the topbox as a reminder whenever I open it. For some reason I can never remember when the next MOT is due on the bike, but can remember the car. Perhaps its because I hardly use the bike.
mot renewal sticker - Marc
No, and I also specifically ask my MOT garage not to put it on either.

They're a nightmare to remove from the glass - copious amounts of WD40 needed to get rid of the glue.
mot renewal sticker - Lou_O
They're a nightmare to remove from the glass - copious amounts of WD40 needed to
get rid of the glue.

Small world.

Just today I was trying to scrape the residue of last years sticker off my windscreen. You'd think they'd make them out of something that sticks to, but is easily removed from, glass.

I won't be sticking next years one on, I'll just set a reminder in my Google calendar instead.
mot renewal sticker - stunorthants26
I stick mine on, saves digging the car folder out to check. Glue comes off in a couple of wipes with white spirit and a bit of glass cleaner to tidy it up.
mot renewal sticker - DP
I use them on both car and bike. Very helpful, and the glue isn't that hard to get off really.
mot renewal sticker - henry k
>>Glue comes off in a couple of wipes with white spirit
>>
I use Polycell brusher cleaner for all sticky labels.
Why not just put the next sticker over the top of the previous one?
mot renewal sticker - Mookfish

Exacly what I do, don't know why I bother as the date is practically unreadable by the end of the year and I allready know it's due for the MOT just after the tax since I had to put it on a SORN for one week when I had the engine replaced 3 years ago.
mot renewal sticker - Lou_O

I tried that, it didn't stick very well to the old one.

mot renewal sticker - L'escargot
No and I also specifically ask my MOT garage not to put it on either.

I keep meaning to do that but always forget.
They're a nightmare to remove from the glass - ........

Sticky Stuff Remover does what it says on the tin, namely ........

"Tackles gum, tar, adhesive, wax. wet paint, crayon, grease, labels & grime. Blasts those icky sticky marks. Zaps gum, grease and wax. Lifts labels safely. Use safely on china, glass, plastic, fabric, paintwork, even skin & hair!"

I got my (aerosol) tin from Wilkinsons.

Edited by L'escargot on 28/04/2009 at 15:52

mot renewal sticker - Alby Back
I use this clever little thing. It reminds me any time I want of things which are important to me. Easy to update, never crashes, take it anywhere, doesn't need charging. It's called a diary.

;-)
mot renewal sticker - Rattle
Why do people have such a job remembering an MOT? I can understand if you have four cars but most of them us just have one. I know my MOT is due sometime in Feb 2010 so in Jan I will check all the documents and get is sorted or the way I go have it MOT'ed 6 months early... (the joke will be lost on some of you).

mot renewal sticker - ifithelps
Marc wrote: 'They're a nightmare to remove from the glass - copious amounts of WD40 needed to get rid of the glue.'

Marc,

WD40 is not a solvent, try something such as methylated spirits, white spirit, or a spray cleaner such as Mr Sheen which has a small amount of solvent in it.

mot renewal sticker - Marc
"WD40 is not a solvent, try something such as methylated spirits, white spirit, or a spray cleaner such as Mr Sheen which has a small amount of solvent in it."

Thanks but I'll stick with WD40 for any sort of 'sticky stuff' removal. Unlike solvents it can also safely be used on plastics, varnished surfaces etc without dulling them.
mot renewal sticker - brum
Am I the only one who thinks this is a very sad discussion?

Edited by brum on 28/04/2009 at 20:03

mot renewal sticker - ifithelps
...varnished surfaces etc without dulling them....

If you want dull, try Vim and a wire brush. :)

Sad discussion, Brum?

Wash your mouth out with soap.

Very interesting thing, cleaning.

And tomorrow, we'll learn how to starch a napkin.

Edited by ifithelps on 28/04/2009 at 20:07

mot renewal sticker - Stuartli
WD40 is good for tar removal.

I've not seen one of the MOT stickers for many years - I never did manage to completely remove it from the windscreen of my last car.
For those not wanting to bother with the sticker, you could always sign up to one of the many on-line MOT reminder services.
eg,
www.mot-reminder.com
www.mottest.net/mot/mot-reminder
www.my-mot.co.uk

And many more besides:-

lmgtfy.com/?q=mot+reminder

mot renewal sticker - Red Baron
No. The place I have the MOT done at, tends to send me TWO reminders each year.
mot renewal sticker - Hamsafar
Cooking oil is good for removing paper labels on hard surfaces. Just coat in oil and overnight the glue will become like oil and the label see-through and will just slide off and the glue wipes off.
mot renewal sticker - Dave_TD
I have the opposite problem - My MoT sticker fades and peels up at the edges after a few months! By about 8 months it's all but gone.

I do clean the inside of my windscreen every couple of weeks though.