How much? - RoverFreak
Hello guys,
I want to know how much a full Rover 400 service will be.
I need to know because the car should be due for it's service.
Cheers
How much? - Dynamic Dave
Hello guys,
I want to know how much a full Rover 400 service will be.

You could be given any number of different prices depending where the posters of this group live in the U.K (different costs of living) Scotland would be a lot cheaper than London for example. Rather than asking the opinions of people here, why not ring round a few garages local to you?
How much? - RoverFreak
Yeah, thanks. I really want to get my car serviced at the Rover Dealers. I live in Manchester. The snag is that the car has only done just under 4,000 miles since it was last serviced. is the service really essential?
How much? - Godfrey H {P}
I subscribe to view that every car should have a check-up every year regardless of mileage. It is essential to change the oil annually regardless of mileage. Perversely your car which has only done a small mileage needs its oil changing more than a motor-way repmobile (I am assuming that you haven't knocked up all your miles on the motor-way). HJ and others would recommend you change your oil every 5000 miles. I change my oil every 12 months or 12000 miles whichever is the sooner, but that's because I don't do school runs and most of my mileage is up and down dual-carriageways at speed.
How much? - RoverFreak
Ok, thanks for all your advice.
I shall be phoning my Local Rover dealers and asking a price on the main service for the 400.
How much? - Dynamic Dave
the car has only done just under 4,000 miles since it was
last serviced. is the service really essential?

You'll find most car manufacturers specify either a mileage or a given time period for when a service is required. Whichever of them comes first is the time to have it done.