98 1.25 Broken Speakers - Phil C
Ok so at dinner time my speakers were working fine, parked my car and that was that. I finished work 3 hours later, jumped into my car, engine on and no sound was output.

Now ALL my speakers are completely dead, the radio says it is on and I can see the visualizer going up and down but with no sound. I've tried my ipod and CD's in the car also, it's definitely the speakers.

Ideas please? :(

Phil
98 1.25 Broken Speakers - Rattle
Sounds like a problem with the ISO connector but if power is on its unlikely. The pre amp circuit in the head unit may have failed this would mean that the power amps recieve no inputt to be able to amplify the sound to the speakers.

If it was in the power amp circuit usualy one channel would work.
98 1.25 Broken Speakers - bell boy
well its obviously not a ford radio fitted so you need to dig a little deeper looking for connection problems
you will probably find a labrynth of wires behind the unit and probably a very fat gerbil who has feasted on the nice plastic bits

sorry its a need to be there to sort it situation

ive just fixed a focus non heater fan situation in 5 mins flat,poor mechanic has spent all day on it and didnt have a cluewhat the problem was (it was the switch,they burn out)
98 1.25 Broken Speakers - Phil C
Thanks for the replies guys. Should I take the actual unit out from my dashboard and check for anything suspicious? Other than that I might have to find myself an auto electrician which is going to cost lotsa £££!

98 1.25 Broken Speakers - bell boy
yes
look for in line fuses that might have blown for the power amp