02 2.0 TDCI going in to safe mode on acceleration - korda
hi, a little help please..

when trying to overtake on motorways, dual garriges and the like, my mondi goes in to safe mode for no apparent reason (flashing glow plug) and losses power, and the only way to overide it seems to be switching off! which is not ideal when im on the m20.

Any ideas, suggestions what this could be??

thanks guys.
02 2.0 TDCI going in to safe mode on acceleration - Collos25
EGR valve,Turbo,Turbo actuator,MAF sensor ,cam shaft sensor.Start by removing the EGR valve and cleaning it out front left hand of engine.
will take a look at all those things.

only thing i can add to original post is: there is no stutter/hesitation/turbo lag which from previous expirience tells me its not the EGR. but have just noticed it only does it when revs are up around 2000-2500 rpm in every gear!

is it possible the car might be governed?

thanks for taking the time to respond, cheers mate.

02 2.0 TDCI going in to safe mode on acceleration - Collos25
You really need to start with the EGR valve if it is really choked up then it will give you an idea as to what condition the turbo is in, the turbo actuator gives the actual signal but its normally the vanes in the turbo that are choked up that causes the problem,one other cause is a choked up injector why not give it a double dose of cleaner Fortes do a dealer only version that will really clean it out.

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 21/04/2009 at 15:42

hiya, will have a look and get back to you..if it works or dosent.
thanks again