Astra Radio - Murray
Hi,

I have a '92 Astra Merit. Bought it without a stereo (previous owner had removed it) and have got my hands on a Vauxhall Grundig SC303 which needs to run off the in-dash display. Dont think the previous stereo used the display as various coloured wires in the loom are taped up.

Anyone know what colour of wires go into the top connector on the back? Dont have the radio in front of me but I think the top connection(goes to the in-dash display) has three or four pins...

Cheers for any help on this one!

Murray
Astra Radio - Steve Brautigan
Hi,

Hope you dont mind, but I also have a problem with a radio on my Astra, so thought it would be sensible to post it with yours.

Basically the battery had to be disconnected last week, but I thought that wouldnt be a prob as all i would need to do is to tap in the code as it says in the handbook. But to my surprise the stereo wont even turn on to allow entry of the code. Any ideas?
Astra Radio - Dynamic Dave
the stereo wont even turn on to allow entry of the code. Any ideas?

Have you got the ignition turned on while trying?
Astra Radio - Steve Brautigan
yep have tried it with the ignition on, but nothing.
Astra Radio - Dwight Van Driver
Has it an in line fuse that has blown?
Just a thought.

DVD
yep have tried it with the ignition on, but nothing.

Looking though my Vauxhall audio manual you have to also press the AS button:-

1. switch on the ignition.
2. Switch off the radio.
3. Press the AS button and hold depressed while turning the radio on. You'll hear a beep after 3 seconds. Release AS button. The display should show "CODE" and "----" after another 3 seconds. Using buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, enter the code. Finally press and hold AS button again for approx 3 seconds and you should hear a beep and finally the radio should come on.

What model radio is it? I can look in the manual again for the proceedure for the appropriate model.
Dont think the previous stereo used the display as various
coloured wires in the loom are taped up.
Anyone know what colour of wires go into the top connector
on the back?

Have the taped up wires got a multiplug on the end, or are they just singular wires with the ends taped up? Best bet is to trace the wires down from the display.
Astra Radio - Murray
The wires dont have a plug on the end, they are just singular. I'll take out the display unit and see what wires it uses, thanks.