How low is "Lo" ? - Pugugly
Every car I've driven with climate goes from 16 C to "Lo" usually accompanied by a fanfare of fans as it tries to cool the cabin. So to what temperature does this setting attempt to get the car to ?

Edited by Pugugly on 16/04/2009 at 00:56

How low is "Lo" ? - billy25
On "Lo" in the Honda, i got Frostbite!
How low is "Lo" ? - Dynamic Dave
It says in my Vectra-C handbook "If a temperature below 16 °C is set, Lo appears in the display: the climate control system runs constantly at maximum cooling power. The temperature is not regulated."

Depending on the efficiency of the AC sytem, I guess it will get as cold as it will allow. A newly gassed system would probably get colder than a system that's a few years old and in need of a top up.
How low is "Lo" ? - Alanovich
My Mazda 6 does not have a "LO" setting, 15 deg C is the lowest it can go and this provides the necessary blast of freezing air. For some reason, this irritates my borderline OCD mind as I know the car will end up way below 15 deg C.

One other thing that pees me off on the Climate system of that car is that demist is a seperate button to that which changes the source of air to cabin, i.e. the usual button just jiggles between face, dash and feet, or combos of the three, and doesn't deal with air to screen. If you want the air to the screen, you have to hit a seperate button and it instantly starts belting out the air at a far higher rate than the fan was originally producing. Necessitating use of the fan speed dial to bring it down. Horrible. Winds me up every day.
How low is "Lo" ? - Hamsafar
I hate the way they usually go down to 16 deg c and then LO.
I find in winter, I don't want hot air blasting onto me in a car that is at freezing point as it tries to raise the cabin from 0 deg c to 16 deg c. Yet if I go to LO it just blasts out freezing cold air! I would rather stiff have rotary dials than digital readouts and up down buttons.
How low is "Lo" ? - redviper
One other thing that pees me off on the Climate system of that car is
that demist is a seperate button to that which changes the source of air to
cabin i.e. the usual button just jiggles between face dash and feet or combos of
the three and doesn't deal with air to screen. If you want the air to
the screen you have to hit a seperate button and it instantly starts belting out
the air at a far higher rate than the fan was originally producing. Necessitating use
of the fan speed dial to bring it down. Horrible. Winds me up every day.

I Agree
My Girlfriends C4, has the same set up, although this does go all the way down to ?LO?, but it has a separate button for the front window de-mists, which when pressed puts on the aircon, and fans onto a deafening full blast which you have to then press the buttons down to your choice, amusing when we 1st got it, now just a little annoying.

My Astra on the other hand just has the rotary dials which I can set just by feel of position, I don?t have to take my eyes of the road to find out which button to press, and what it is set too.

Edited by redviper on 16/04/2009 at 13:25

How low is "Lo" ? - apm
although this does go all the way down to ?LO?

I have an amplifier that goes up to 11...
How low is "Lo" ? - Altea Ego
Fire it up, set it on low, close the windows and leave it to run for a day

If the penguins turn up, RUN

The titanic is just round the corner.
How low is "Lo" ? - Pugugly
Excellent Penguin cartoon in Private Eye this week !
How low is "Lo" ? - retgwte
in the states (and using hire cars for fun) we easily got a couple of inches of ice on the front windscreen in the middle of a chicago summer heatwave by turning the air con right down, didnt take long either in the humid air

i dont think uk cars get aircon anywhere near as powerful as that and whats supplied in genuinely hot countries