96 1.3 valve stem oil seals - choobacker63
hi does any one know if you can replace valve stem oil seals without removing the cylinder head , its a fiesta mk4 1.3 endura petrol engine , thanks
96 1.3 valve stem oil seals - bell boy
yes
96 1.3 valve stem oil seals - mfarrow
Assuming you've taken the rocker cover and shaft off...

If you feed some string into the spark plug holes, then bring the piston up to top dead centre (or as far as it will go) you will be able to depress the valve springs one by one and release the collets/springs without the valve dropping.
96 1.3 valve stem oil seals - bell boy
you can buy a tool but i cant find it ont tinternet
i borrow one when i needed it
thanks for that im gonna try that right now
96 1.3 valve stem oil seals - pony
no need for string, get the piston to the top, the valve only drops a touch, i do 1 and 4 then turn the engine and do cylinders 2 and 3 .
you must tap the top [not the valve ! ] with a suitable socket before introducing the tool, this frees off the carbon seal of the collets,without doing this you wont break the seal with the tool, and a small magnet is really handy to have to fish the collets out and back in again.
i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/cadburysroses/IMG...g
i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/cadburysroses/IMG...g
96 1.3 valve stem oil seals - pmh2
I do not know this engine, but I suggest that you block with rag any of the larger oil drain holes to prevent the collets disappearing.

It will require one helluva magnet to attract them back up from the sump.
;)

p
96 1.3 valve stem oil seals - jc2
When you get the replacement seals from a dealer,get a few collets as well;you'll probably drop some!!
ok thanks for that , thats been a real help