Travelling abroad without ins certificate - PR {P}
We are off to see the GFs parents in France on thursday evening for 9 days or so, and whilst we are away the insurance runs out. Knowing this we arranged the cover for next year early, (1st April). As of today the documents have not arrived, and despite calling the company they are next to no help. The certificate runs out just before we are to travel back. The insurance is sorted BUT we wont have a valid certificate for the last few days of the holiday. Should we get stopped are we likely to get into trouble? Thanks
Travelling abroad without ins certificate - Alby Back
As you correctly infer, you won't need it unless you need it so to speak. I would take the old one with you anyway and try to obtain as much info as you can about your new policy. Policy number, start time and date, contact details for insurance company etc.etc.
In addition, try to get them to fax or E-mail a covering letter.

Chances are very high you won't need any of it but there is always the possibility.
Yes thanks Humph. The company in question refused to send another copy today recorded delivery for tomorrow "incase it turns up tomorrow". Something we wont be able to confirm until tomorrow evening by which time it will be too late. I will ask them for a confirmation email instead and will print and take that (unless it does turn up in the morning - fingers crossed!!)
Travelling abroad without ins certificate - Falkirk Bairn
If the OP's Ins Co is like mine

1)It employs 3rd party mailing service, from a sub-contracted to a IT company.
2) "2nd class stamps"

4/5 days appears to be the norm!
Travelling abroad without ins certificate - Avant
Too late to help the OP, but I find my broker excellent (Sheraton Ins. Brokers, 01329 833250) - they can start or renew a policy and get a cover note out the same day.
Travelling abroad without ins certificate - rtj70
Can the OP not get it faxed? You can get free fax service numbers that email you.
Could try the fax, although they flatly refused to email it.
Well the fax idea was a good one. She phoned this morning and they have faxed a temporary cover note incase the documents don't show up. Thanks for all the advice!
Travelling abroad without ins certificate - captain chaos
Could try the fax although they flatly refused to email it.

I take it they will expect repeat business from you with such excellent service? Not to mention recommendation to family and friends?
I know, and I have my policy with them for my Alfa, and also my home cover is with them. Im not quite sure why they didnt offer to fax it when asked if they could email it but nevermind.
Travelling abroad without ins certificate - rtj70
People often forget about the fax as a way of sending things with email etc.
Travelling abroad without ins certificate - Alby Back
Must summat legal I think. I know that if I get an order via email from a customer I can't get it insured but if I get the same order by fax I can.

Funny folk lawyers.....

;-)