Wathdog + Peugeot 406 security - Armitage Shanks{P}
Some rant on Watchdog tonight implying that 1 in 4 Pug 406s in UK could have their boots opened with bare hands and the kanck of what to do. Anybody got further info on this please? French have been told but UK is being kept in the dark ie dealers and factory deny all knowledge of a problem.
Wathdog + Peugeot 406 security - Dizzy {P}
I know this problem needs sorting out and, as usual, the manufacturer is not meeting its responsibilities. However I'm sure it could have been done in a different way, rather than publically inform every snotty-nosed diddicoy which cars he can easily break into and how to go about it.
Wathdog + Peugeot 406 security - mike1
this is a factory recognised fault and they've changed the design on the latest 406's. and yes peugeot have denied all knowledge of this design fault. all the 406 owner's who've had their cars broken into with no sign of forced entry (and there are lot's and lot's in france) didn't get any insurance payout.
a guy in france has even started selling a modification to prevent this happening. i don't want to give details but you only need one bare hand to get inside the boot and even into the car if you drop the back seat.
Wathdog + Peugeot 406 security - <0.One%
For more details go to

www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/reports/reports_wpeugeot406...l

"Watchdog viewers have reported problems with the boot lock of some Peugeot 406 saloons built from March 1999 to July 2002. Find out if your car has been affected and what action to take."
Wathdog + Peugeot 406 security - Dynamic Dave
Whenever I can, I reverse the car up to a brick wall/fence, ect to prevent access to the boot. Doesn't stop 'em getting into the boot through the back seats however.
Wathdog + Peugeot 406 security - Mike M
Phoned my local dealers (Marshalls, Peterborough) as instructed. Was told that they knew no more than I did as Peugeot UK had yet to issue any recall instructions. However, they took my car's details and promised to get back to me. That was Tuesday. Watch this space.
Wathdog + Peugeot 406 security - Andy
A work colleague of mine had a laptop stolen from the boot of a 406, luckily he had removed the hard-drive from the laptop so he retained all his data.
Wathdog + Peugeot 406 security - volvoman
This is just the latest example (as if we needed another !) of how the British motorist is being regularly and cynically shafted by the car manufacturers. I think this is a very serious issue and it's up to us to publicise it as much as possible and stop buying their bl**dy cars !!! Is HJ planing to raise this scandal in the Telegraph ? I think it should be.
We could all try getting the subject raised on the various radio/TV motoring shows. I'm sure Mike Rutherford on Talk Sport (Friday lunchtime) might be interested to follow this up too - he seems to have good contacts in the trade..