Fan Problems - willow
Anyone been having problems with their engine fans staying on? My temp gauge reads normal but fans seems to be on a long time, only when the engine is switched off do they stop. When the engine is turned on again there is an a loud click then on come the fans again.
Fan Problems - Altea Ego
is your aircon on? The fan runs when it is.
Fan Problems - MikeTorque
Which Focus model is it ?

My Focus II 1.6 TDCi often has the fan running down for about 10 seconds after turning off the engine. It's to do with providing supplementary engine/component cooling for an engine that's reached it's normal operating temperature and applies even if the air con hasn't been on, helps the engine/components to live longer.
Fan Problems - BackOfTheNet
SWMBO has a petrol 1.8 (X reg) and the fan kicks in within about 30 seconds of starting the engine, with the loud 'click' mentioned.

She's had the car nearly 3 years and hasn't missed a beat despite sounding rather rough (touch wood and all that) and each time it's been serviced (by a good friend) we've been told not to worry about the fan.
Fan Problems - willow
1.6 Zetec 2002 5 door hatch.

Fan stops when engine switched off. Today however no problem. Now got strange low hum coming from underside back end...it just get worse and worse. Could be exhaust but have notice brake peddle squeek on upward travel, does not do this when hand brake applied.

Edited by willow on 30/03/2009 at 21:31

Fan Problems - willow
No the aircon is not on.
Fan Problems - Woodspeed
Are you sure the air con is not on? I ask because on a lot of cars it runs if you set screen demist.
Fan Problems - willow
No, aircon is not on...no light showing on button.
Fan Problems - shadyarea
I have a focus and if you have the distribution knob fully to the right on to screen demist
the aircon will run without the light being on.