To buy or not to buy - Edinman
A local Ford dealer is offering a "new" Mondeo Edge with a 1.6 petrol engine (125ps) for £10,995. They assure me it is a current model with the exception that there is no Bluetooth facility and it is the colour Deep Navy which is not current. The problem is it came out of the factory on 31st May 2007 so is in reality almost 2 years old. Is it worth buying or should I pay more for a later manufacture date?
To buy or not to buy - daveyjp
drivethedeal will do that car for £12,600. The choice is yours!
To buy or not to buy - Bill Payer
They assure me it is a current model

The difficulty of telling what is current with Ford, with their 0.25, 0.5 and 0.75 model year iterations, put me off buying a new Fiesta a few years ago.
The dealer says it is a 2007.5. I don't know if the build and specification (less bluetooth) is still the current one.
Dealer has now offered to Diamondbrite the car and do the first 2 services, 12500/25000, free of charge!!
To buy or not to buy - rtj70
That is a very big car for a 1.6l engine... try driving one first. It's not the power it needs it is more torque.

If you like slow acceleration after trying it, the Mondeo is a good car. Bluetooth means hands free calls when driving so no real loos (and please don't do that much if you can avoid) and the colour is non-metallic.
To buy or not to buy - Falkirk Bairn
For about £2K more a broker will get you a new shape 1.6 more but it 2 yrs it will be worth more if you decide to T/I against a new model.

OR

A 2 yr old car sitting in a field/yard will have age problems - better a low mileage car aged 2 years - and save money as well!
To buy or not to buy - Nickdm
It's an obsolete model in a dull colour that the trade themselves call "doom blue" with little resale appeal. If neither of these factors bother you then it could be a cheap bargain... Loads of card are left standing around in fields etc these days for months - that need not necessarily put you off.