Traffic controlled slips to M'ways - Old Nick
Why do traffic light controls on motorway slip roads have one set of lights pointing the wrong way - ie) against the entrance flow ? Is this a subtle way of introducing driving on the right by the EU ?

Just curious

Old Nick
Traffic controlled slips to M'ways - BrianW
Maybe they are going to switch motorways to driving on the right and if that works extend it gradually to other classes of road.
Traffic controlled slips to M'ways - lezebre

:-)
Traffic controlled slips to M'ways - The Watcher
Is it to aid the old fárts who have the knack of driving the wrong way up our motorways, perhaps?

Don't think the EU has anything to do with this one.
Traffic controlled slips to M'ways - John R @ Work {P}
Old Nick,

I have never noticed the lights you mention (there should not be a need for the amber & green bulbs though...).

I have seen in Eire, big signs a few yards (or meters) up sliproads (facing away from the flow of traffic), saying

WRONG WAY! GO BACK!

I thought they were a good idea.

Regards

John R
Traffic controlled slips to M'ways - John S
John R

The 'Wrong way' signs also appear in America on Freeway junctions. Seem like a good idea, but would they have any effect on anyone who is determined enough to exit a Motorway services the wrong way? I wonder.

Regards

John S
Traffic controlled slips to M'ways - Richard Hall
The middle aged lady in a small Oriental hatchback, who I saw a couple of weeks ago driving the wrong way round the busiest roundabout in Ipswich during the evening rush hour, needs more than just signs....

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com
Traffic controlled slips to M'ways - Toad, of Toad Hall.
The middle aged lady in a small Oriental hatchback, who I
saw a couple of weeks ago driving the wrong way round
the busiest roundabout in Ipswich during the evening rush hour, needs
more than just signs....

ALthough since speed kills driving round a one way backwards must be one of the safest things you can do.

Minus 30mph. Would be impossible to crash...

--
Parp, Parp!
Note: All Toad posts come with an implied smiley.