Triumph Bonneville - Fullchat
Took the Triumph 1050 Sprint in today for service and 1st MOT. They gave me a Bonneville
as a loan bike. Very basic, comfy riding position and that retro exhaust sound. What a hoot! :-]]
Triumph Bonneville - madux
Interesting. They gave my brother a Bonneville while his Speed Triple was being serviced - he loved it!
Triumph Bonneville - Pugugly
I wonder why they do that then ? ;-)

Always been attracted to both versions for some very odd reason !
Triumph Bonneville - martint123
I think they should rename them to Borrowville.
Triumph Bonneville - Fullchat
Took it back today, realised it was a bit firm in the suspension department when I hit a pothole - ouch! Nice gearchange as well.
Glad to get back on the Sprint though and make some more spirited overtakes.
Yes, overall not bad second bike or a commuter bike.
Triumph Bonneville - craig-pd130

It's funny, when I was 17 (1980), anything over 500cc was a big bike, and 1000s were megabikes.

yet bikes like the Bonnie are now regarded as 'pottering' machines, when they're still capable of 120mph :)
Triumph Bonneville - jetta
Reminds me of my time as a cycle mechanic in 66. One of the lead mechanics modified a Bonneville quite radically. Increased stroke by .200 using a .100 offset lower end. This required shortening the rods by .100 and taking a bit off the piston skirts. Increased bore by .600 and installed a special racing cam. The head was ported and polished with slightly larger carbs. The alternater/generator was rewired to give higher output and a zeener diode installed to stabilize voltage and spare the battery. Lucas coils were replaced with Honda Red Wire coils. WHAT AN AWSOME RIDE ! Felt like there was no end to the power at any speed. Unfortunately it still managed to leak oil from the side case and gear box and fuel from the carbs when parked. The best Bonneville I ever rode!!!