HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - Lud
Well, thank goodness it has appeared at last. I have been worrying about the rear hat room since I got up this morning. Phew!

Could this be HJ's favourite rich person's runabout? He has certainly sold it to me, even the diesel which in its more muscular form gives the car a sub 6 second 0-60 time. Wow!
HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - Westpig
Lud,

I'd never have put you down as a 'hatter'....you live and learn.
HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - ForumNeedsModerating
Once again, some bright spark(s) in the marketing dept. decided that what the higher spec. range needs are ride-destroying humungus alloys. What is going on in their heads? Do captains of industry or retired bankers really buy a car like this & think 'Hmmm.... definitely need at least 20 inches in the alloy department..., keep up appearances what..'

HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - Westpig
wb,

totally agree with you...but playing devils advocate, as i'm good at it....Jag are also trying to appeal to younger buyers

so would the traditional M5 or RS4 buyer want the bling wheels or the director's image. I know what i'd want...and it isn't the bling, but maybe the younger folk want that?
HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - rtj70
But would the older (captain of industry etc.) driver want a 5.0l V8? Probably. But maybe not need.

I don't understand the need for these huge wheels either. Maybe 18" or even 19" on this car. It is not the wheel size but the low profile tyre people are thought to want. High profile tyres on appropriate rims could still fill the wheelarch.

Edited by rtj70 on 11/03/2009 at 20:05

HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - boxsterboy
Maybe BMW's case would be helped if they didn't insist on run-flats?
HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - Blue {P}
I think that the 20" alloys look fab, that's a car that would certainly appeal to me and I'm not 25 yet.

I think Jag have it right in all honesty.

HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - Xtype
That video has depressed me...that I cant afford one!
I always thought that a BMW 535D was the best hot diesel saloon you could buy but watching the video and reading the press reports/mags it seems that Jag have actually produced a German beating car. Well done and hopefully one day I shall be able to buy one.
HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - The Melting Snowman
Nice cars but totally wrong for the current economic climate.
Jaguar always seem to be late to the party - late in bringing diesels to the market, very very very late to produce a 3 Series competitor, no competitor for the 1 Series and MINI.

I am a great fan of Jaguar and wish them to succeed but these smaller cars are what they need to be producing.

But I would love that 5.0 litre one....

Edited by The Melting Snowman on 11/03/2009 at 21:41

HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - maz64
Why can't they offer smaller wheels/fatter tyres as no-cost options? Does it cost the manufacturer a lot to do that?
HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - Lud
I'd never have put you down as a 'hatter'...

I'm not usually Wp, but I didn't want Jaguar to have spoiled the ship for a hap'orth of tar.

I wonder if Jaguar will sell you a V8 with sensible wheels and tyres? Of course if they won't you can just buy some. If you can afford one of those a couple of thousand more won't bother you.

Since the V8 is only available to special order in this country, perhaps you can just specify them along with all your other preferred trinkets.
HJ's 5-litre Jaguar XF video test - rtj70
Lud good point on the special order bit. If it's special order you can probably get smaller wheels no problem. And probably at no extra cost - they will be saving too.