Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - Westpig
sorry to be thick...but i don't know why...what have I missed?
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - Rattle
I don't think HJ does either. I think he published details of the car after test driving it but Jag's PR department said this should not be realised till Wednesday. HJ just made a bit of an error like us humans do, but then its 2:30am and I get everything wrong at this time of night.
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - Westpig
i'm trying to think what is happening in Jaguar land on a wednesday mid week in March.. or if there's a car show opening soon and they want to release it then... or maybe they've got an advertising campaign starting and HJ's jumped the gun

Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - ForumNeedsModerating
...Yes, I know why. You know why.

No... I don't - sounds intriguing though. I actually read this, but feel, out of deference to JLR marketing, that I shouldn't even 'spill the beans' to my neighbour who's a Jaguar fan. I may drop subtle hints about watching telly/reading the newspapers on Wednesday though - maybe even tapping the side of my nose & raising my eyebrows in unison while doing so. 'Nuff said..
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - Happy Blue!
I can understand if they are trying to get rid of a few older models before the new one is announced - but three days??
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - ablandy
its more likely that a motoring magazine has the exclusive and has agreed to do a big spread on it as long as they get the exclusive.

By breaking the embargo, hj would cause a lot of grief for the PR and marketing people.
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - Mr X
Car makers like Jag are teetering on the brink. You'd think they would just want to get as many units as possible moved and keep the place going.
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - Pugugly
Magazines are equally on the brink and there are old fashioned things like contractual agreements left in the world despite everything.
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - nortones2
I couldn't get the video to work anyway. So the built in security device must have worked:) Not that I could afford one, but its nice to plan for an eventual big win!

Edited by nortones2 on 09/03/2009 at 09:57

Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - boxsterboy
There are 2 car mags that come out mid-week, both with titles beginning with A. That's why.

On another note, whenever I see an XF on the road, I always seem to think the rear seat will only be a 2-seater. I've never seen or been inside one, but that's the impression they give, and consequently are off my radar. Can they seat 3 in the rear?
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - rtj70
One of those magazines starting with A (out on Wednesday of this week) does indeed have the "first drive" of the new 3.0d Jaguar XF.
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - daveyjp
Plenty of room for 3 on the rear seat, but like most cars now the middle isn't a proper seat.

For me the 2.7 diesel was the achilles heel of an otherwise excellent car. Whilst it's an excellent engine and very quiet it seemed to be lacking in the 50-70mph range - important for motorway work.
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - Falkirk Bairn
Read the HJ test before it was taken down.

If the lottery comes up on Wed then it will be in the frame - the 3 litre seems a peach.
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - boxsterboy
For me the 2.7 diesel was the achilles heel of an otherwise excellent car. Whilst
it's an excellent engine and very quiet it seemed to be lacking in the 50-70mph
range - important for motorway work.

Yes, that's what I thought when I drove a Citroen C6 with the same engine - not the same urge you get from a comparative Mercedes or BMW diesel.
Jaguar XF 3.0V6 Diesel Test - rtj70
We all know why it will be Wednesday that HJ's reviews of the two new XF models will reappear. So in case somebody says something we need to moderate I've made this read only for now. Only a short wait for the review/video.