Stainless jeeps, air horns and 2 stroke buzz - oilrag
To say nothing of the smoke...;-)
I'm in the Hotel D'Angelo right now, in downtown Tacloban - Philippines. Struggling slightly with the first time use of the keyboard of an EEE PC 701SD.

About those jeeps. According to my contacts, they were banned from being built a few years back due to the sun reflecting off those mirror like panels. However, there are some older ones on the street outside that are mat finished - almost looking like galvanised, but without the give away signs.
The musical airhorns seem to have gone too - surely by legislation? - given the love of them on Jeepneys. Sadly traditional Jeepneys are greatly diminished - replaced by anodine, soul-less creations that are on the same theme, but with a little headroom.
Boy, do I remember getting out of those almost on my hands and knees..
There was also an incident of heat collapse (20 years ago) when I had to be carried off an inter island ferry and flopped onto a bed under an aircon unit - one of those places that are rented by the hour (allegedly) and much to the amusement of the future Mrs oilrag and her chapparone (yes, really) the bodily carrying, being done by the blokes in our party of course.
Our regular family transport here is a Tamarrow - (or something like that) and much preferred to the 4x4 for basic honest space and lack of wobbling.
I could (referring to the past) tell you about a cockroach as big as a box of matches - but better not in case its listening in...best not to sleep with your mouth open..
Stainless jeeps, air horns and 2 stroke buzz - J Bonington Jagworth
Sounds good, Oilrag. Are you taking over from the Growler?

EEE's are a bit dinky, but I think you'll get used to it. A little bit of freedom from Microsoft has a be a Good Thing, IMHO.
Stainless jeeps, air horns and 2 stroke buzz - oilrag
This is more a report from the Visayas, JBG. Rather like comparing my own Yorkshire with London (Manila - Tacloban) many members have been severed around here as a crime of passion and I don't mean from the local rotary Club... ;-)
Stainless jeeps, air horns and 2 stroke buzz - J Bonington Jagworth
Sorry Oilrag. Old British colonial attitude to foreign geography, I'm afraid. Will consult map next time! Wouldn't want to upset the locals if they're that volatile...