02 1.6 Wiper Blades - islandman
2002 Focus 1.6 just bought by my son.
I noticed today that the drivers wiper blade appears to have a smaller 'footprint' than the passenger side. Initially thought someone had put a 'short' one on by mistake but on measuring both are the same size. The passenger arm is longer making it look bigger.

Should both be the same length and if so what size ---- or should the drivers be longer?

Cheers
02 1.6 Wiper Blades - mikej
A quick google search gives the following sizes for the mk1/1.5 3/5 door :

Driver 22"
Passenger 19"
Rear 13"

..so it looks like one of your's may be the wrong size.

Based on my experience of over 8 years of Focus ownership, I would recommend sticking to Ford blades - I found they were cheaper than the Halfords-own or Bosch blades that Halfords sell and they work better.

The Bosch blade that Halfords recommend for the rear screen for a mk1 hatchback was particularly useless and didn't clear the back screen properly - I think they recommended a 14" blade, so I changed it for one of the correct size and that didn't work properly either. The Ford blade cost £6-odd and worked perfectly.
02 1.6 Wiper Blades - henry k
>>The Bosch blade that Halfords recommend for the rear screen for a mk1 hatchback was particularly useless and didn't clear the back screen properly.

I bought a Bosch blade, for use on the rear, from one of the online companies.
I told them about the problem of not working and they replaced it with another brand.
I did a comparison between the OE, Bosch and the replacement.
The Bosch ( I guess designed for flatter front screens ) did not bend into a suitable arc.
The Ford blade cost £6-odd and worked perfectly.

So does the replacement I bought.