02 2.0 ST170 hesitation at 2200rpm - brownbread
Hi all
I have a flat spot/hesitation at 2200rpm. I noticed it in most gears, mostly if I cruised at 2200, and also if I accelerated through it in 2nd gear.

It's had new spark plugs. I changed the HT leads this morning and it is better but not perfect. I don't notice it on cruising anymore, only when accelerating through the range in 2nd gear. Sometimes it feels like an automatic, when you put your foot down in, say, 3rd and it accelerates for a second then decides to change down and there's a surge of power when it locks up. Anyone had this before?

Thank you
02 2.0 ST170 hesitation at 2200rpm - Javalin
Interesting. Have you had the codes read / scan of the ECU?
I have, it's not generating any error codes sadly.
I've found this site which seems to correlate with my symptoms: www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=80
But as yet I haven't found the described sensor! It seems there are quite a few differences between the duratec and zetec bays.
02 2.0 ST170 hesitation at 2200rpm - injection doc
is the air con or climate control off? have you tried it with it all turned off ?
Sorry for such a long delay between posts.

Just for some closure, it turns out the ST170 does not have a DPFE.

I traced the problem to the IMRC motor. But in the meantime I got really tired of the car, and I've sold it. The IMRC is a common issue apparently, I think Ford were trying to be clever with it.

Thanks for support.
02 2.0 ST170 hesitation at 2200rpm - Fullchat
Well thanks for the update whatever it means :-O TTFN.