Citroen Speedo - sheppy
I have a 2002 Xsara diesel hatch; had it from new. around 18 months ago the speedo started playing up.it was under-reading by a considerable amount - when it read 20 I was actually doing around 30. when it read 50 I was doing at least 70 (checked by my son, following).
I always intended, of course, to fix this, but never got around to it; the tacho was ok for knowing how fast I was traveling.
a few weeks ago, during the very cold weather, I noticed that the speedo was now reading more or less the correct speed! and it's been ok since then.
anyone have any thoughts on what may have caused this 'temporary' problem? in case it comes back......
I had to take the battery off to recharge, when it was very cold. could be relevant?? maybe something in engine management s/ware reset?

AGS.
Citroen Speedo - boxsterboy
>>anyone have any thoughts on what may have caused this 'temporary' problem?>>

I suspect it's just a case of French electrics.
Citroen Speedo - doctorchris
Ah, yes, French electrons travel much slower than British as they have to stop, regularly, for Gauloise, pastis, escargots, etc.

Citroen Speedo - Dyane 6 Mehari
The speedo in my Xsara VTS went loopy when the battery went flat once - it was all over the place. Disconnecting and re-connecting the battery resolved it.

I also learned that a car battery is unlikely to power a 12v fridge all night long.