Repair of Winter roads - Rudedog
Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

But is there anything that we can all do to try and speed up the repair of the roads after the recent freeze?

The roads that I use to get to work on were once pretty reasonable, but now they are frankly highly dangerous! I guess due to the combination of snow, ice and salt, small potholes and cracks now resemble craters on the moon, and when it?s rained there?s no telling whether they are an inch deep or a foot deep. There are sections of road where it is only really safe to drive along at either a snails pace or to pass the potholes on the other side of the road.

My council have always been very good at requests to fill in potholes, they even have a facility to report them via their website, but I think at the moment there are far too many to be able to tackle them on their own.

Unless this is only in my neck of the woods then other BR?s must have experienced this, what?s the chance of the Government stepping in and implementing some kind of program to resurface the worst hit roads before we start putting in claims to our councils for damage to our cars (I know I?m dreaming).

Repair of Winter roads - welshlad
unfortunatly its almost march so the chances of anything being done is slim to zero.

for the next 30 days the councils will be too busy getting their affairs in order for the end of the financial year, I know this from work its my favourite time of year they throw money at us around this time just to empty out the budget ready for the new one, unfortunatly I dont do roads other wise I'd be there tommorrow for you
Repair of Winter roads - FotheringtonThomas
All you can do is to report them to your council, preferably by some means where you can get an acknowledgement. Once they're aware, they should do something, as they're likely to have to cough up for any damage sustained as a result.
Repair of Winter roads - Dynamic Dave
All you can do is to report them to your council ....

or here:- tinyurl.com/d2m6na (links to www.direct.gov.uk)
Repair of Winter roads - L'escargot
Be public-spirited and fill the local ones in yourself. Tarmac is readily available at any good DIY store.

Edited by L'escargot on 27/02/2009 at 05:57