2001 1.6 help with erratic temp gauge - vista
if anyone can help i will be amazed, simply out of ides now,

got a 2001 51 focus 1.6 automatic estate, temp gauge seems to so what it wants when it wants, one min it sits fine in the middle then shoots up in to the red although the engine does not overheat,

i have checked the radiator for blockages, had the cooling system flushed through so there are no air locks, thermostat has been changed, so has the tempreture switch between the ht leads, the water pump has been taken off and changed, the car has been to an electrical place to check for fault codes and the ecu but they have found nothing wrong,

have just used silver seal on the engine to seal the head gasket (if there was a problem with it) have even taken the dash out and changed the temp gauge needle thingy with the one off my wife's (who's works fine) and now im out of ideas

if anyone knows of something ive missed or what it might be your help would be greatly appreciated
2001 1.6 help with erratic temp gauge - piston power
Had a problem with a pcb had a break in the board replaced the board all ok. you could try changing the whole unit from a scrap car to see if any better.