Drive it Day at Vauxhall's Heritage Centre - redviper
Hi

Is anyone going to the open day at the Vauxhall Heritage Centre? Ive never been before and am really looking forward to it.

Has anyone been before did you like it? or did you not?

Drive it Day at Vauxhall's Heritage Centre - barneybear
not been to a Vauxhall day, but did attend a Renault event in 2002 and it was good fun. A bit too much hype and not enough detail about the cars. But did get to test drive an Espace which 4 years later we bought. A few freebies for the kids, no hard sell and chance to see and sit in F1 car. go and enjoy
Drive it Day at Vauxhall's Heritage Centre - jc2
Do you get to drive a Viva??
Drive it Day at Vauxhall's Heritage Centre - bathtub tom
Is it still at the bottom of the hill in south Luton?

I had a tour several year ago. It's quite small compared to the likes of Gaydon, but the guy who showed our group round was very knowledgable.

Many years ago I lived next to a guy who worked there, he did the London to Brighton in one of their cars each year. He was a retired Vauxhall employee. It was then based at Luton airport - a grass airstrip.
Ive looked on Mulitmap, and we will be driving from North Yorkshire - it looks really easy to get to, just straight down the M1 - hopefully my Vauxhall will get us there ;-)

I do get the impression that it will be small but i still think it will be intresting, and I said to my girlfreind its not like we can go all the time - i think it will be a good day out, and I have this unsual facination for Viva's - so yes i hope to get to drive one (LOL i know i wont be able to)

But i hope to see the bigger Vauxhalls and like the veloux (i think) and the older astra's and cavaliers
Hi yea I know I won't be able to drive them, I think its going to be a great day though
Drive it Day at Vauxhall's Heritage Centre - Martin Devon
Do you get to drive a Viva??

HA. HA. !!
Drive it Day at Vauxhall's Heritage Centre - Victorbox
Members of the Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club www.vodc.co.uk/index.php who've been say it's a great day out and they keep going back. Certainly when Vauxhall or the Heritage Centre get involved in the annual Vauxhall, Opel, Bedford bash each July at Billing Aquadrome they produce some great stuff.
Drive it Day at Vauxhall's Heritage Centre - Dynamic Dave
Took a trip out to Luton today. I was surprised at how small the collection was in the Heritage Centre. Lots of old cars outside to view. Several newer models as well.

Not sure who was responsible for placing the 3 Vauxhall Insignia's outside the Heritage Centre, but all were dirty and I would have thought they would have made an effort to clean them before allowing the public to view. I wasn't that impressed with the Insignia to be honest. The boot looks smaller than my Vectra-C. The cabin was definitely smaller. When I moved the drivers seat to get comfortable, there wasn't as much legroom in the rear for the passengers as there is in my Vectra-C. I was also disappointed with the overall build quality as well. Unsure now if this will be my replacement car in a year or two's time.

I've got some photos to upload at some point, but as with most car shows and the like, the amount of people who stand in the way when you're trying to take a photo gets irritating to say the least.
Took a trip out to Luton today. I was surprised at how small the collection
was in the Heritage Centre. Lots of old cars outside to view. Several newer models
as well.

snipquote 8

Yes i was too, suprised at how small the collection is, I too got some Photo's (complete with people stood in the way)

The VXR sim was good fun, but I did think that there was little there - even if it was just stalls there where only 2 or three (inc the guy who did the painting) still it was a good day out.

I just thought there would have been more in the "collection" the Astra's only started on the Mk2's there where no Mk1's in the collection

Edited by Webmaster on 27/04/2009 at 16:45

The VXR sim was good fun

Too many people hanging around for me to show interest.
I did think that there was little there - even if it was just stalls

Yes, I was under the impression that there was going to be an autojumble, but alas no. The guy selling Vauxhall products had some good offers. Fully synth Vauxhall oil (5w30) £20 for 5 litres. Retail cost is something like £55 at dealerships. I think the semi synth (10w40) was £10 for 5 litres. Retails at something like £20 or £25 at dealers.
there where no Mk1's in the collection

It was only when I got home that I realised there wasn't one. I wasn't impressed with the mk1 estate in among the classics. For a start the colour was vile. The metallic blue 3 door mk1 in the main car park was more of an eye pleaser.

Drive it Day at Vauxhall's Heritage Centre - bathtub tom
Did the BRs get to meet each other?
I get the impression Redviper and myself were the only BRs. Didn't actually meet him though.
To be fair i didnt know if anyone was going :-)
It was only when I got home that I realised there wasn't one. I wasn't
impressed with the mk1 estate in among the classics. For a start the colour was
vile. The metallic blue 3 door mk1 in the main car park was more of
an eye pleaser.

No i didnt think much of that, it was no where near as nice as mine ;-)

i thought there would be a whole collection of them mk1's mk2's GTE's etc with bonnets up so you could marvel at the OHC with carbs but there was just this one mustard colour (IIRC) all closed , i didnt see the one in the carpack though i wish i had lol

I might go next year it might be better
Drive it Day at Vauxhall's Heritage Centre - Victorbox
This is the place to see more Vauxhalls (and Bedfords, Opels and Holdens) than you can walk around in a day www.vboa.org.uk/toplevel.php?p=e1&inc=2 - some with their bonnets up! Also the biggest one make autojumble.

i didnt see the one in the carpack

When I get around to uploading some pictures, you'll see the blue Mk1 I was on about.