Eating at the wheel - again - henry k
I guess one should never be surprised at what drivers do at the wheel of a moving vehicle.

I saw a guy looking at the car roof immediately above his head while driving at 30+ mph. With his right arm raised, at first I thought it was some sort of hand signal.

Oh no silly me.
He thought it more important to empty the last few bits out of his crisp bag than concentrate on the road.
Rant over.
Eating at the wheel - again - Dwight Van Driver
Eating crisps while driving: Offence of driving whilst not having proper control.

Tossing contents out: Offence depositing litter.

Keep well away from criminals Henry....

dvd
Eating at the wheel - again - Altea Ego
what flavour were they?
Eating at the wheel - again - Cliff Pope
Why didn't he toss the bag out? Why do you think he wanted only to get rid of the bits of crisp - perhaps he needed the bag for some other purpose?
Eating at the wheel - again - GroovyMucker
Why didn't he toss the bag out?

They're the best bits (properly crunched up, of course): concentration of flavour ... yum
Eating at the wheel - again - 1400ted
2 slices of white bread, buttered. Slices of cheddar, bag of Walkers plain crisps. Apply palm of hand to crush crisps into cheese....yum, yummy ,yummiest. Menu of the month.
Ted
Eating at the wheel - again - Altea Ego
Had you added a smear of vegemite i would have awarded you a michelin star there ted.
Eating at the wheel - again - Cliff Pope
2 slices of white bread buttered. Slices of cheddar bag of Walkers plain crisps. Apply
palm of hand to crush crisps into cheese....yum yummy yummiest. Menu of the month.
Ted

And all done at 80 mph in the fast lane. I suppose you could cheat and use sliced bread.

The answer to the puzzle btw is that he needed the clean packet as a competition or special offer entry form. The sick bag suggestion applies only to passengers.
Eating at the wheel - again - BobbyG
Have mentioned this before I am sure but when my brother sold his Maestro ( to the scrappie) and replaced it with a Cavalier, he was scunnered to find that the roof was much lower and he could not tilt the remaining crisps into his mouth without having to slouch in the seat!!
Eating at the wheel - again - 1400ted
If we're talking motoring food then it's always sensible to carry a bit for emergencies.........Some friends had a Mk3 Cortina that failed the test on welding. They duly booked it in with me to be done. It was the front passenger footwell that was gone. I took out the seat then removed the carpet only to find a pack of 4 rounds of sandwiches, still wrapped in cling-film festering away. My pal said he'd often wondered where his lunch had gone some weeks before !
Ted
Eating at the wheel - again - krs one
I they catch you eating fish and chips can you get done for a salt and battery?
Eating at the wheel - again - sierraman
Obviously an inexperienced crisp eating driver,the technique is to tip the bits into the palm of the free hand and toss them into your mouth,the steering wheel can be stabilised with the knees if necessary :)
Eating at the wheel - again - Woodspeed
M25 this morning:
I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new BMW doing 75Mph
With her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner.
I just looked away for a couple seconds !
And when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup.
As a man, I don't scare easily..

But she scared me so much; I dropped my electric shaver,
Which knocked the meat pie out of my other hand.
In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel,
It knocked my mobile phone away from my ear which fell into the coffee between my legs, splashing, and burned big Jim and the twins, ruined the phone, soaked my trousers, and...............disconnected an important call.