05 1.6 instrument panel wrong mileage - oblivious78
I have just purchased a grand scenic and having a good look at all the paper work i have discoved it has had a new instrument panel fitted a month ago,as a result my millage is 400 miles and i know the car has now done 36800 now is there a way i can put the correct millage on because im concerned when i come to sell this would put people off buying.Im assuming that a renault dealer could carry out this work but im short of cash and also is it legal?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/02/2009 at 17:12

05 1.6 instrument panel wrong mileage - Dynamic Dave
Numerous adverts in the back of Autotrader and other motoring magazines of people claiming to adjust mileages. At the end of the day though if you've got all the paperwork relating to what the odometer was reading prior to its change and when changed, then this should be sufficient evidence for any future potential buyer.
05 1.6 instrument panel wrong mileage - oblivious78
Thanks Dave tis true there is enough info on paperwork to verify the millage,also i went into my local dealer and it has been done officially so they also new from their records cos i had to order a new key card and the man said it had a warning flag on the system.He also said the millage can be put back to original millage but renault dosent do this.
05 1.6 instrument panel wrong mileage - track
leave it as is then you have proof the panel has been replaced. They are a very common fault. At least buyers will see your not lying that it has been done.