Replacement windscreen problem - Sprint
Have just had the windscreen replaced on my 04 Legacy Tourer. This was done whilst I was at work yesterday by a company supplied through my insurance. Have only just had chance to look at it in daylight. I'm sure I could have fitted it better myself.

The rubber strip around the windscreen now has a ridge with stands proud of the windscreen and surrounding metalwork by about 7mm. The rubber doesn't actually reach the metalwork in the top corners. I'm sure that wind noise has increased noticeably. Am also not convinced it will be watertight. Unfortunately I can't remember how it looked before and have been unable to locate a detailed enough photo on the internet, but if my memory is correct the windscreen & rubber were virtually flush with the metalwork. Customer services are due to ring me on Monday, but I would like to confirm how the windscreen fitted before. Ideally I don't want to have to drive to nearest Subaru garage (about 45 minutes away). Could anyone either describe how the windscreen should fit or point me towards a photo online?

Many thanks.
Replacement windscreen - pics - davros
Does this help (see pics) - also a 2004 Legacy. The seal should be very neat. I do recall that when I had the rear screen replaced a couple of years ago, the fitters had a heck of a job getting it right.

tinyurl.com/cm2ovh

Took these in the garage just now & I've mislaid my flash kit - thus flourescent light. I can take some more in daylight tomorrow if you need them.

Davros

Replacement windscreen - pics - Sprint
Davros

Many thanks for the pics. As I thought, the new fitting looks nothing like how it used to,.

Will now have to see what Customer Services say tomorrow. We had to wait nearly three weeks for them to get the right windscreen in the first place. They turned up with the wrong one the first time.

Replacement windscreen problem - the swiss tony
These days screen rubbers invariably need to be renewed, when fitting/refitting screens.
the big name screen fitters invariably DONT renew seals, hence the poor fit/loose fit of said seals.
mind you, thats just the tip of the iceberg, some of the things ive seen after screen jobs by these people... cut wires, rust due to paint being scraped off, leaks due to incomplete bonding, the list goes on......
I always prefer to use a small local company to fit glass - they seem to take more care, maybe they charge a little more, but well worth every penny.
Replacement windscreen problem - Sprint
On further examination, noticed that the plastic fairings at bottom of the screen had been snapped off and simply stuck to bodywork with black ?gunk? to hold them approximately in place. Manager came round yesterday and admitted everything was wrong! Has ordered all new fittings from Subaru plus another windscreen. Will try again next week!
Replacement windscreen problem - hillman
I had to replace the rear screen on my '04 year Legacy estate after I had left the car with the rear cover drawn over the 'boot'. A low-life broke the screen to investigate why I was hiding the 'boot'.

The replacement was done very professionally two or three days later at home. I was as pleased as possible, in the circumstances, with the result. The AA handled it all. Rubbers tend not to be used now, but the screen are glued in with black 'gunk'.