98 2.0 false starts - mmorbey
I have a Vauxhall Vectra 2l that runs on both petrol and LPG I have problems with it not starting properly. When it is cold it is fine it starts first time. After I have driven it for a short run to drop the kids off at school and the engine is warmer it struggles to start. It will start after a couple of attempts and holding the ignition on for some time. There is an orange light on my dashboard(looks like a picture of an engine) which stays on whilst on petrol but not whilst on LPG.

Any hints as to what it might be.

Cheers MMorbey
98 2.0 false starts - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Get the fault codes read and post the results.
Do I have to take the car to a Vauxhall garage with the equipment to find the codes or can I buy the equipment to do it my self
98 2.0 false starts - SpamCan61 {P}
Use the 'paperclip method' as advised on this very forum in the last week in another thread for the proper ECU; I haven't clue about the LPG side.
Thanks for your reply I have been following the instructions for the paper clip method from the TopBuzz website which show the ECU and the locations of them for each type of car. I finally found the 16 pin connector under the handbrake cover. The only problem is the pins in the conector look differnet to the ones in the picture: www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes...m
THey are in slightly different positions. I put the paper clip in anyway and started the engine. The engine managment light did not even come on.
I am not sure wether the oin out is different for my car because it runs with `LPG as well as petrol.
Any advise will be well recieved.
Cheers MMorbey
98 2.0 false starts - SpamCan61 {P}
Just checked my 98MY lovely green Vectra 2.0; yes it is the 16 pin connector as per your link above, only difference on my car at least is that that the socket is the other way round i.e. the pins 1-8 row is nearest the driver with pin 1 nearest the front of the car.

I'd check the codes with ignition on engine off, you may get crank and cam sensor codes anyway under this condition, doesn't necessarily mean they're broke.