95 1.8 Lights-on warning buzzer - Cambridge
Hello my Passat's lights-on warning buzzer has stopped working. It usually works if you open your door with eh lights on. Anybody know where it is and how to replace it? Or perhaps the problem is in the door sensor? Any ideas welcome. Thanks.
95 1.8 Lights-on warning buzzer - Peter D
Does the interior light come on when you open the door and does the display show the door is open. Regards Peter
The interior light still works.
It doesn't have a display.
95 1.8 Lights-on warning buzzer - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Could be the dreaded flooded electronic control modules ,under the carpets. Maybe '95 is too early though?
95 1.8 Lights-on warning buzzer - Hamsafar
I think 95 is too old for the flooding problem which I think started with 97 models.
It worked intermittently this morning.
So I bet it is the wires going through the door hinge.
Does anyone know how to cure this?
Thanks again for your interest.

95 1.8 Lights-on warning buzzer - Halmer
Join them back together?
Is that a joke, or are you just being rude?

I'm hoping someone else will have experienced the same problem and will be able to give me a tip.

I've been on this messageboard for about five years and have never had a reply like this before.
95 1.8 Lights-on warning buzzer - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Not a joke but the likely situation. On my Golfs and my Passat the wiring loom in the rear offside doors became open circuit due to various combinations of over-tight wiring looms and corrosion , causing conductors separation & failure. A good starting point is to check if any of the connectors have been pulled apart and clean/join them up again.

The earlier reply was indeed brief ,but factual.
For anyone else with the same symptoms ~
The problem was dirt in the small switch at the rear door pillar that senses when the door is opened. Not wiring at the hinge.