1996 4L Battery drain - Jeeper63
Can anyone advise what could be the problem? My 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee ( 4 L Petrol)has an intermittent fault (battery drain) If I leave the Jeep over night it has a dead battery in the morning. I have identified the circuit to the A/C heater blower circuit because when I remove the 40 amp fuse there is no problem. When I put a meter across the fuse holder, sure enough when ignition is off the circuit is open.. All other systems work ok The heater blower works ok when the fuse is installed. Any ideas where the short could be ???
1996 4L Battery drain - Peter.N.
Obviously something of an intermittent nature. Does the same fuse run the cooling fans? could be that the fan is coming/staying on due to a faulty sensor, although I thought you would have noticed that. Have you connected an ammeter in series with the battery when you park up to check for any current draw. It might be advisible to disconnect your battery at night until the fault is found as it wont survive being run flat many times.
1996 4L Battery drain - MerlinTec
Hi
Can you give me a fuse number? I can't think of anything off hand but I can pull a wire diaram for you so you know what that curcuit powers so you can try I isolate the problem.