Non-standard tyre size-insurance problem? - captain chaos
Checking my tyre pressures this morning and realised they were a different size to the information on the tyre pressure placard on the car. Standard size is 215/65 x 15 and the tyres fitted are 235/60 x15 on the factory rims. Question is, do I need to tell my insurance company? I must confess I didn't realise they were non standard as the optional tyres are on 16 inch wheels according to the handbook. The only other modification is a cold air induction system which the insurance company know about.
Non-standard tyre size-insurance problem? - Mookfish
Personaly I would tell the insurance company just to be certain, as they are on the standard rims I doubt they will increase your premium.

Just did a quick calculation and these tyres will make your speedo under read but only by a small amount.
Spot on Mookfish, 32mph at an indicated 30 according to the sad faced led signs at the side of the road!
Non-standard tyre size-insurance problem? - Mookfish
Shouldn't be under reading by that much, the difference is less than the difference between new tyres and worn ones.

Then again I am convinced those signs are not accurate, use a gps if you want to know how accurate your speedo realy is.
Non-standard tyre size-insurance problem? - Dynamic Dave
Put the two sizes of tyre in the calulator on the following website. It will tell you the speed differences.

www.tyretraders.com/Tyrecalculator/

Ratio difference of 0.37%

20mph becomes 20.07 mph
30mph becomes 30.11 mph
40mph becomes 40.15 mph
50mph becomes 50.18 mph
60mph becomes 60.22 mph
70mph becomes 70.26 mph
Cheers DD...not a "ticket-getter" speedo then. Think I will inform my insurance co though as Mookfish suggested, just to be on the safe side