02 1.8 key pairing - chris1234
the remote central locking has stopped working. I have tried turning on ignition and pressing the remote buittons as it says in handbook. Am I missing something. Car had been standing for 3 years
02 1.8 key pairing - SpamCan61 {P}
First things first, does the little red LED in the blipper light up?
yes it does, and I've checked the battery even though its only a couple of weeks old
02 1.8 key pairing - Dynamic Dave
If the car has been standing for that length of time, then the ecu *may* have has lost its memory of the key and would need reprogramming via a Tech2 code reader.
Another thought. Has the car got an alarm, and if so, does the remote plipper cancel it when the buttons are pressed? If so, then that will confirm the plipper is working. I take it the central locking still works with the keylock?
It does everything it should except open doors remotely
No. It's a new ecu, and it was working only recently
02 1.8 key pairing - SpamCan61 {P}
Do you mean working in this car with this blipper? If the ECU is from a different car then it will need Tech2 programming to accept the ID of the blipper.
Yes, it was all working as it should, now it doesn't. ecu was supplied and fitted by vaux dealer
Try doing what you would do with a pc that was playing up - ie, a reboot.

Disconnect and reconnect the battery to see if it resets the electronics. Then try another key resync procedure.