Birthday Treat - PLS
Does anyone know where my soon to be 14 year old might legally gain some basic driving experience. There seem to be plenty of 'driving experience' days for adults but I have yet to come across any for young people.
Birthday Treat - smokie
I'm pretty sure you can get sessions at the Transport & Road Research Lab in Bracknell at that age.

My 16 year old did a half day with a driving instructor there, I don't think there was any lower limit (well, within reason!)

If that's within your range please advise and I will fdig out the details.
Birthday Treat - SjB {P}
I'm pretty sure that soon after opening, some years ago now, the Nigel Mansell school at Brands Hatch offered specific courses for those too young to hold a driving license to drive their BMW 318i cars, and may well still do something equivalent.

A quick google shows:

Nigel Mansell Racing School
Brands Hatch
Fawkham
North Longfield
Kent
DA3 8NG
Telephone: 0990 125 250

Worth a call?

/Steve

Birthday Treat - Harmattan
Silverstone Driving Centre also does these courses for 14-year-olds and up. Daughter went there for 14th brithday treatand they put the kids straight into it which surprised me. After the initial talk through, it was into Peugeot 106s, as I recall, and they did a few trips up and down a bit of runway before going straight on to the perimeter road round the track. On a Saturday morning that was pretty busy with traffic for the various Silverstone activities but she enjoyed it greatly and no time for nerves. Didn't repeat it but she passed her test first time at 17 after about 8 lessons with an old fashioned instructor.

Other circuits may well have something similar.