02 1.9 No Power to offside rear door - Passthehat
Hi

As of today I suddenly do not have any power to the offside rear door. All other doors are ok. The courtesy light, electric window and central locking do not work. I phoned the local VW service agent, who suggested that there may be a problem with the wiring,(really!!!)
Can anyone offer a more sensible solution? The lock will work manually, but when I press the key fob lock the amber lights do not flash to confirm that it has locked properly.

Thanks
02 1.9 No Power to offside rear door - adverse camber
>> local VW service agent, who suggested that there may be a problem with the wiring,(really!!!)
>>Can anyone offer a more sensible solution?

Not really no.

You've lost power to everything on one rear door. The wiring loom for the door flexes every time the door is opened / closed. Sounds like an excellent place to start looking.
02 1.9 No Power to offside rear door - FemaleStig
Finally the same issue as mine!

My 02 Passat (Wagon) driver's side rear door is doing or rather, not doing, the same thing.

Seems the door had been unlocked for two whole weeks before I noticed it wasn't working.

I wanted to take a look at it myself to see if something became disconnected but am not sure where to begin.
02 1.9 No Power to offside rear door - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I'm sure the dealer was being as specific as possible without actually stripping down the door to check. I'd the same problem on my Passat. Dismantling the local wiring loom/connectors in the O/S door and cleaning it up sorted it out. £32 labour IIRC at a main dealer- as part of a service.
02 1.9 No Power to offside rear door - Passthehat
Hi everyone

I have found the fault with the lack of power. Under the rubber boot between the door and the pillar are 2 connector blocks. The top one is the speaker connector and the bottom one is for the power to the window winder, the central locking and the courtesy light. The bottom connector had fallen out. I cleaned and dried the boot and connectors, replaced them and everything is now ok.

Regards.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 07/02/2009 at 13:22

02 1.9 No Power to offside rear door - FemaleStig
Thank you for your update Passthehat (seems I've been fighting my issue through the spring - as a while has passed).

I ventured into mine just now after seeing your update and Beneath my rubber boot the main power wire in the power connector was severed. And it looked like the previous owner had done a splice once before. I had been eager to simply reconnect mine as yours.. but it was not the case.

The wire is severed far in to the connector so there's limited hope of soldering it again. I shoved the other end of the wire down into the connector and stuck in place with some putty. Works for now. I'll be gentle until I think of a better solution.

I saw a new wiring harness on ebay. Does anyone have an opinion over whether it is better to cut all the remaining door wires and try to splice a whole new used connecter and attached wires - over fighting with just one short severed wire with the remaining wires still good?
02 1.9 No Power to offside rear door - mindsap

Had this problem with the driver side rear door. After reading the above posts looked under the boot to find that one of the plugs was disconnected. Pluged it in and it now works fine.

JH