03 1.8 LPG factory conversion using water - swampy71
Hi, my first post on this forum so go easy on me. I bought a 53 plate lpg factory conversion last summer and it's been driving great since i got it. However last week the radiator water warning light came on and i discovered that it has been consuming water. I drove about 140 miles and it went through about two liters of water. There was also a slight temp variation as i was driving but nothing too excessive.
There is no visible signs of water in the oil and it's certainly not smoking so i'm hoping it's nothing to do with the head gasket.
Am far from being an expert but I'm guessing it's the water pump , anybody else fancy taking a stab in the dark as to the issue here.

Thanks in advance.

Swampy

Edited by Pugugly on 01/02/2009 at 15:46

53 1.8 1.8 LPG factory conversion using water - Peter D
If it is not in the oil it must be coming out somewhere like the pump or a pin hole in the Rad or heater matrix. Regards Peter
53 1.8 1.8 LPG factory conversion using water - Peter D
As you sure the header tank is not pressurising. Run the car till hot with the cap off, then fir the cap, as the water has already expanded then the tank should not pressurise a great deal, if it does then remove the plugs to ensure one of them is has not been steam cleaned. Regards Peter
53 1.8 1.8 LPG factory conversion using water - swampy71
Thanks peter, appreciate your reply. I shall try what you suggested in the morning.

Thanks

Swampy
53 1.8 1.8 LPG factory conversion using water - prm72
I remember i had to renew the header tank on my old vectra, because the join around the middle was leaking, common apparently.
Thanks prm36, i'll have a look at the header tank . If that's all it is, i'll be doing cartwheels down the street.
Peter , I also did the test re the reservior and pressure. Definitely no pressure in the water system. Hope to hell it's just a leak somewhere.