97 Radio problem, pauses when lights turned on - Teapot42
I've just fitted a second-hand Alpine 7521RM radio to SWMBO's Saxo as the FM tuner on the original radio failed. Everything works fine until the headlights are turned on at which point the radio shows 'Pause' and no controls will work. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for or what may be the problem? TIA!

Edited by Pugugly on 31/01/2009 at 07:56

97 1.4 Radio problem, pauses when lights turned on - Dynamic Dave
Everything works fine until the headlights are turned on

Sounds like the feed to the stereo from the headlight circuit is connected to the wrong wire on the stereo.
97 1.4 Radio problem, pauses when lights turned on - Teapot42
Thanks for the suggestion. I bought an Alpine to ISO connector from eBay to install the unit. Looking at an ISO wiring diagram, would this be pins 6 and 7, illumination and switched supply? I do recall there was one wire from the Alpine connector end that wasn't attached to the ISO plugs but there were no instructions with the cable to tell me what this was for.

I'm happy enough with wiring to change things around, just need to know what to change.
97 1.4 Radio problem, pauses when lights turned on - David Horn
I imagine the headlight feed could be going into the telephone mute pin. Suspect the problem lies with eBay item. You could scoot down to Halfords and try for a genuine thing. If it doesn't work you can always take it back.