2007 1.4 engine and specification choices. - BrendanNorris
Hi All;

My friend is looking to buy a 2006/2007 Fiesta. She is trying to find out some firm facts about the specs of the various models available to her.

From my internet searches I have not found any indication that there is a difference in the engines of the Style, Zetec and Ghia models, however she has been told otherwise; i.e. "You must get the Zetec as it has a better engine!" etc..

i. Can you tell me if the engines in each model are different?
ii. Can anyone point me to an internet site that will tell us what is standard and optional on each model?

Many thanks.

Brendan

Edited by Pugugly on 21/01/2009 at 22:04

2007 1.4 engine and specification choices. - stan10
I would use the "car by car" breakdown, on this site,
or ... "parkers"
or ... "wisebuyers"

you should be able to get all the info you need from these.
the AA site also details specs comprehensively, but only on cars they roadtest, which is fine if they have tested the car you are interested in ...
Hi Stan;

Thanks for the information; my friend and I are clueless when it comes to cars so your guidance is much appreciated.

Best Regards

Brendan.
2007 1.4 engine and specification choices. - scouseford
I think that you will find that 'Style', 'Zetec' and 'Ghia' are trim levels.

Ford did get themselves a bit twisted a few years ago by referring to a particular engine derivative as 'Zetec' but they seem to have reverted to the system that they had for many years whereby the model range was designated by the engine size followed by the trim level.

Back in the 70's and 80's there were 'Popular', 'Popular Plus', 'L', 'GL', and 'Ghia' with the odd 'GXL' and 'GT' thrown in for certain models.

I think (but am not certain) that the current range consists of 'Style', 'Zetec' and 'Ghia' with 'Edge', 'Titanium' and 'Titanium X' added for some models.

If that hasn't confused you nothing will!!!
Hi Scouseford;

Thanks for that mate; I think this is where the confusion has been made, when looking at Car-by-Car the Fiesta engines seem to be named Zetec. However when looking at Parkers guide (which is brilliant by the way!) each model is described in detail, it seems that it is only 'extras' that are affected by the model type. It would appear Ford reused the word Zetec to describe two different and non-related aspects of the Fiesta; I believe they did this just to confuse the confused!.

Many thanks for your help.

Brendan.

{html strikeout command removed as was causing issues with post layout}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/01/2009 at 10:07

2007 1.4 engine and specification choices. - ifithelps
I think scouseford is right, at one time Ford had a petrol engine called a Zetec.

However, Zetec has been a trim level for some years now.

Hence my Focus is a Zetec, even though it's a 1.8 diesel.

Zetec normally means sports suspension, so a Fiesta Style, LX or Ghia should have a more compliant ride.